‘Chicken Mulligatawny’ is a soup based dish derived from the Indian origin and the word ‘Mulligatawny’ literally means ‘pepper water’. This dish is mostly an interpretation of curry with some chicken pieces and is cooked in various forms. The dish was common in British India as well as England since those times.
Here is the recipe for Chicken Mulligatawny to touch your soul-
Ingredients for Chicken Mulligatawny-
Canola oil, chopped onions, celery, garlic, diced apples, curry powder, cumin, coriander, ginger, chicken broth, tender chicken breasts, coconut milk, lemon juice, salt, pepper, sliced almonds
Directions to prepare Chicken Mulligatawny-
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven and add onions, garlic and celery; stir until soft.
- Add apples, curry powder, cumin, coriander, and ginger; cook until apples get soft.
- Add broth and then rice, and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and add chicken; cook until chicken and rice get tender.
- Add coconut milk and stir continuously and thoroughly.
- Remove from heat and season it with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Garnish with almonds.
Are you a secret yet passionate chef at heart? Partner as a home chef with Masala Box and use your passion for cooking as a source of income. Register as a home chef now!