Read on to find out some comfort dishes from the various regions of India
“Life can be hard, sometimes! Your boss not recognising your hard work at office, your bae moving out of town for next weeks, your parents again comparing you to Sharma ji ka beta- all these can make things dull for you. You might roam around, trying to find some solace, warmth and comfort, only to be met with despair and lost hope. In times like these, only a heaping plate of comfort and delicious food can be your proverbial silver lining. It can remind you of the warmth of your mother’s hug or the reassurance you feel every time your day lovingly parts you on the back.
Finding good comfort food, however, can be tricky. You can find a good tasty meal at your nearby five-star establishment, but nothing can compare to a plate of wholesome, homely meal filled with your childhood memories and nostalgia.
Different regions of India have different comfort foods. The only thing staple in all these is the nostalgia that you feel in the first bite of these dishes. Read on to find out some awesome comfort food from the various regions of India which have been reminding people of their happy past since time immemorial.
10 delicious food in India
- Dum aloo: – A widely preferred Kashmiri dish, dum aloo is liked by everyone. This spicy and fragrant dish has now become a national favourite, these days. This tasty dish is also not very difficult to make, making this an ideal comfort food.
- Idli: – These soft, spongy steamed fermented rice buns have found national fame, thanks to its simple yet wholesome taste and easy to digest properties. These can be best had with a filling bowl of sambhar or even by themselves with a dash of ghee.
- Rajma chawal: – The staple Sunday afternoon meals for many families across north India, this dish has become one synonymous with the lazy Sunday afternoons that everyone looks forward to. An ideal dish to push away any pre-Monday blues effectively!
- Banana chips: – While the rest of the world is still stuck with potato chips (or crisps, actually) and Pringles, we have our own banana chips. Indigenous and utterly delicious, these originally came from God’s own country, Kerela. Perfect snack for all those movie-pajama binges.
- Khichdi: – Time honoured and loved by all, this dish has found its appreciation across India. While in the north, Khichdi should always go with its chaar yaar- dahi, papad, ghee, achaar, the peace-loving Bengalis prefer it a little soupy and with lots of vegetables, and the Maharashtrians like the drier and less spicy avatar of this superstar. Perfect to be enjoyed on those rainy nights with a serving of petrichor on the side.
- Bhel puri: – This dish globally known for its taste, ease of making and mood uplifting qualities cannot be left out from this list. Unlike a lot of other delicious food, this is one of the boons for the weight watchers.
- Thayir Sadam: – Thayir Sadam, a famous delicacy of Tamil Nadu also known as yoghurt rice is very popular in Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Kerala. Made with curd and rice and often tempered with mustard seeds and curry leaves soothe the stomach and tastes heavenly. A perfect dish to end your day with.
- Samosa: – The national favourite snack did not even originate in India. It came to India from the middle east. But these have had such a huge impact on us that their mentions can even be found in the works of Amir Khusro and Ibn Battuta. Perfect to be had with tea, coffee, by themselves, before a meal, after a meal, basically ANYTIME.
- Roshogolla: – This soft white globe of love dipped in a mildly sweet syrup is one of the most potent comfort food in the entire eastern region. In fact, a popular belief prevalent in this part of the country say that there are two types of people- one, who love roshogolla; and the others who have been lying since time immemorial.
- Biryani: – The real king of good times, and bad times, and times when your best friend dumps you to go out with their crush! Biriyani has many avatars all over the subcontinent and is loved by all. This brilliant dish deserves entire volumes for itself.
Comfort and delicious food have the unique ability to make us feel happy and content. However, more often than not, these dishes do not find their place in high-end restaurants. This becomes a problem for all those who do not or cannot cook at home for any reason. But now with Masalabox, you can order any of these dishes in the comfort of your home. Also, when you order these from us, you get a special serving of love and care (unlimited scoops). So, do not wait for your mood to dip, order from Masalabox and enjoy a bowl full of happiness.”
For Homemade food delivery, Visit Us: www.masalabox.com